Summer Reading 2021 registration for all ages begins Monday, May 3rd!
Summer Reading starts June 1st and goes through July 31st.
To register download the Beanstack app on your phone or other devices.
Getting started after downloading the app:
1. Launch the Beanstack app, the first page will ask you if your Library uses Beanstack. Select “yup!”
2. Search for your Library’s Name, ours is Silver Lake Library. When you find the Library just tap the name and it will take you to the sign-in page.
3. At the sign-in page, log in with your username and password if you already have an account if not, click don’t have an account? sign up! and that will take you to the registration page.
Signing up for an account in the app:
The registration process is done in two parts, creating the account and then adding the reader information.
- Create Username and Password
- Personal information such as, first name and last name
- Contact information – Email, phone number may be optional, but it is recommended that sll patrons include email for easy password reset and to be notified of badges and prizes.
After the account has been created there is the option to either “Fill Out My Reader Profile” (this must be completed if the account holder wants to participate in a reading challenge) or “Add A Reader” (for a family account with the parent not participating in a reading challenge). Of course, you can always later update the account profile to participate in challenges or add additional readers. With either completing or adding a reader profile, You will need to enter age or grade. You also have the option to add a profile pic and receive weekly book recommendations.
Viewing/registering for a reading challenge (program)
Once you have been added to the account, you can view the reading challenges. Most patrons will be automatically registered for the challenge appropriate for their age/grade level. To view and register for challenges go to the main screen in the app. To get there from the Readers screen, tap the back arrow in the upper left corner two times.
- Tap the challenge icon on the bottom of the screen
- Tap upcoming (note after June 1, the challenge will appear in current)
- Scroll down to read the description of the challenge, and view.
- If registration is needed, tap on the reading challenge description to pull up a registration window.
- Once registered you can tap on the Reading Challenge to view progress and goals.
Logging can be done on any page with the plus icon at the bottom of the screen. Logging can be done for one or multiple readers.
Tap on the plus icon. Then select readers by tapping on readers name or image. Tap “Next” to pull up the logging method options. Follow the prompts to log reading.
There are five methods for logging reading:
- Scan Title ISBN (Requires access to device camera)
- Manually Enter ISBN
- Search Recently Logged Titles
- Manually Enter Title info
- Log a Day, Minutes or Pages onl