Inter-Library Loan Service
The Library is part of the Northeast Kansas Library System (NEKLS) which allows us to borrow materials from other participating libraries in the area. Anyone with a Silver Lake Public Library card in good standing may request Interlibrary Loan (or ILL) items from other libraries. Simply search our catalog and place a hold on your desired item and it will be delivered to our library for you to pick up. If there are items you would like to borrow, but are not found in the catalog, we can borrow them from outside our system when you fill out the Inter-library Loan Request form.
How to Place holds in the Catalog
1. Click the NEXT button below to access the online catalog
2. Log-in to your account (Library card number & password needed)
3. Type your topic/title in the search bar
4. Click “Place Hold” next to the title(s) you would like to borrow
5. Confirm pick up location and then click ‘Confirm Hold’
6. You will be notified by email or phone when item is ready for you to pick up
ILL Request Form
If there is an item that you can’t find in our catalog we can request it from surrounding libraries. To fill out a request form you can call the library at 785-582-5141, come into the library and have a librarian help you or submit the form below.