From January 1st to January 31st, the Silver Lake Public Library will participate in Beanstack’s Fourth Annual Winter Reading Challenge, sponsored by Simon &Schuster Books like us program. We challenge our patrons to read at least 30 minutes per day during the month and keep track of their reading on our Beanstack site at https://silverlakelibrary.beanstack.org. Hundreds of libraries and schools across the nation will encourage their communities to read a target number of minutes and books.
Top-performing libraries and schools will earn rewards from Simon & Schuster, including book collections and virtual author visits. Last year the Silver Lake Public Library received boxes of new books for being one of the winners of this challenge. Help us make this year just as successful. Happy reading!
Follow theses simple steps to register individually or a family:
1. Go to silverlakelibrary.beanstack.org. If you participated in the Summer Reading challenge on Beanstack DO NOT register a new account—skip to Logging minutes
2. Click on Register an Individual or Family
3. It will ask you if you want to register yourself or your child.
4. If registering as a family, the parent should begin by clicking I am Registering Myself. Once complete, follow the prompts to add another adult or child.
5. To view and log under each family member’s name simply choose switch reader in the upper left corner of your home page after logging in.
6. Once registered, access your account by logging in to Beanstack using the username and password that you initially created.
1. Sign into your Beanstack account. In the upper left corner click on your name or switch readers. The program for the #WinterRead2021 Challenge will display. Click to register for the Challenge.
2. After January 1st, click Log Reading and Activities in the left hand corner—Minutes—and enter in your minutes read.
If you have questions or need help with the online Beanstack process please contact the Library 785-582-5141.